Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Qik! Grab a video camera

The first time my friend showed me her new video capability with the iPhone 3GS, I was immediately jealous. No more still photos for her Facebook page -- she can take real videos with sound and everything! Suddenly my single-frame images didn't seem so cool.

But that was before I met Qik.

Qik turns my iPhone -- and a lot of other compatible phones -- into an instant video camera. Better yet, I can post my videos immediately to Facebook or Twitter a link to the live feed and let my friends watch my videos in real time. Take that, video-enabled friend!

Of course now I just need to find something interesting enough to video. Documenting my next rock climbing excursion would be perfect, but that takes two hands, so now all I have to do is figure out to hold the camera and climb at the same time. There is that big roll of duct tape in the garage ...

OK, so my idea still needs some work. But if you're looking for a fast easy way to turn your smart phone into a video cam and you have enough free hands, look no further than Qik.

No comments: